ALUMINUM SUMP PUMP HOUSING CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL
Why Are Aluminum Housing Submersible Sump Pumps Good?
- Aluminum is stronger than thermoplastic and is not likely to crack or break.
- Aluminum is epoxy coated to prevent corrosion when submersed in water.
- Aluminum is heavier than thermoplastic; therefore the sump pump will not move in the sump pit as easily during pumping.
- Aluminum is good at dissipating heat. Though it heats up faster than cast iron it cools more quickly. A sump pump motor that gets too hot will be shut off because of thermal protection against overheating.
- Aluminum is more pliable than cast iron, bronze and stainless steel; however it will not wrap as easily as thermoplastic thus ensuring all moving parts will remain in alignment and function as intended.
YES, NEXT I WANT TO?
Learn more about the topics below. Select your choice.