Carbon Steel Sump Pumps Are Good Pumps
Why are carbon steel housing submersible sump pumps good?
- Carbon steel is almost as strong as cast iron and is not likely to crack or break.
- Carbon steel is epoxy coated to prevent corrosion when submersed in water.
- Carbon steel is heavier than aluminum, stainless steel and thermoplastic; therefore the sump pump will not move in the sump pit as easily during pumping.
- Carbon steel does not heat up quickly. Though it heats up faster than cast iron it cools more quickly. A sump pump motor that gets too hot will be shut off because of thermal protection against overheating.
- Carbon steel is very comparable to cast iron when it comes to pliability. It will not wrap as easily as thermoplastic thus ensuring all moving parts will remain in alignment and function as intended.
Currently no carbon steel housing sump pumps are available.
YES, NEXT I WANT TO?
Learn more about the topics below. Select your choice.