STAINLESS STEEL SUMP PUMP HOUSING PROS AND CONS
Why Are Stainless Steel Housing Submersible Sump Pumps Good? The Pros Characteristics
- Is stronger than aluminum, zinc and thermoplastic.
- Not likely to crack or break.
- Will not rust, though submersed in water.
- Heavier than aluminum and thermoplastic; therefore the sump pump will not move in the sump pit as easily during heavy duty pumping.
- Does not heat up quickly; therefore it is a good material to use for a continuous running sump pump over a period of time; however, stainless steel does not cool quickly once it is heated. A sump pump motor that gets too hot will be shut off because of thermal protection against overheating.
- Will not warp thus ensuring all moving parts will remain in alignment and function as intended.
The Cons Of Using Stainless Steel Housing For Submersible Sump Pumps
- Is not as heavy as cast iron and bronze.
- Does not dissipate heat well. Once it gets hot it is very hot.
YES, NEXT I WANT TO?
Learn more about the topics below. Select your choice.